Your employees might already be used to e-mails like [email protected] or [email protected] to send their requests to. To avoid painful transition when you would have to monitor multiple inboxes instead of having everything in Back you can easily set up e-mail forwarding for your existing e-mail inboxes, so that all requests seamlessly end up in Back.
Forwarding a shared Gmail inbox
ℹ️ You have a shared inbox setup if you and your colleagues share access to the same e-mail inbox.
- Log in to your shared e-mail inbox
- Go to Settings → Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- Click on Add a forwarding address and enter the address of your team in Back e.g. [email protected]
- Confirm the forwarding in the next dialog
Google needs to verify that the e-mail address you're forwarding to is really owned by you. To do so they send a verification code to the e-mail address which you need to enter.
- Once you add the forwarding e-mail go to Back find a new request from Google
- Either copy the 9 digit code or click on the link in the e-mail to confirm the forwarding
Forwarding a Google Group
ℹ️ You have a group setup if you and your colleagues each receive a copy of each e-mail from the group into your own inbox.
⚠️ To adjust the settings for Google Groups you need to have access to the group administration
- Go to Google Admin dashboard
- Go to Directory → Groups
- Find the group you're looking for, e.g. [email protected]
- In the Members section choose to Add members
- Add a new member and enter the address of your team in Back e.g. [email protected]
- (Optional) If you want to, you can also remove your e-mail and e-mails of your colleagues to avoid polluting your inbox
Forwarding an Outlook account
In order to correctly forward e-mails from your Outlook account to Back you need to set up a redirection rule for your e-mail
If you're using Office 365...
- Click the Gear icon → Options → Organize Email → Inbox Rules.
- Click the New icon and select "Create a new rule for arriving messages..."
- In the Name field, enter the name of this rule. (e.g. "Redirect email to Back")
- From the *When the message arrives, and: field, choose "Apply to all messages"
- From the Do the following: field, choose "Redirect message to..." and click on Select people
- In the pop-up window enter the e-mail of the team in Back, e.g. [email protected]