To keep you up to date with everything that happens in Back you now have the option to receive notifications from your browser whenever there's something interesting going on.
Enabling browser notifications
- When the first update happens we will display a blue bar on the bottom of the screen
- If you want to enable desktop notifications click on enable desktop notifications
- This will trigger a browser dialog which is located either on the top-left (Chrome or Firefox) or bottom-center (MS Edge).
- In this dialog you need to allow Back to send you push notifications and you're all set!
If you don't want browser notifications to be sent to you, you can simply close the blue bar and we won't ask you ever again.
More information about browser notifications
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3220216
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/push-notifications-firefox
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to have Back open to be notified?
No, once you enable desktop notifications we will notify you whenever you have your browser running, even if the tab with Back is closed at the moment.
What are you going to notify me about?
You will be notified when...
- ...a new request is created for your teams
- ...a request is assigned to you
- ...there are new replies or internal notes in your requests (i.e. requests assigned to you)
- ...someone mentions you in a reply or internal note
- ...someone requests your approval
What happens if I use a different computer?
Notification settings is specific to each device and browser - if you use multiple devices, you will need to enable desktop notifications on all, or only some of them.
Can I receive multiple notifications at the same time?
You will be notified for all events that happen, as soon as they happen, which can lead to multiple notifications being displayed.
If you are logged in in multiple browsers (e.g. Firefox and Chrome), and you've enabled notifications in all of them, you will receive multiple notifications for the same event.