ℹ️This feature is currently available as an early access release. Let us know if you are using Personio and would like to connect it to Back
To help you see the full context of who the requester of a specific request you can now connect Back to your Personio account, bringing all relevant employee profile information into Back.
Before you connect Back to Personio, you need to configure which data fields will be exposed to use through this connection. This is done in the API section of the Personio configuration.
To specify the fields go to API → Zugriff / Access and click on Editieren / Edit. In the selection field then pick the following items:
- Vorname / First name
- Nachname / Last name
- Geschlecht / Gender
- Profilbild / Profile Picture
- Abteilung / Department
- Standort / Location
- Vorgesetzter / Supervisor
- Anstelldatum / Hire date
- Urlaubstage / Vacation day balance
- Zuletzt geändert / Last modified
💁🏻♂️ In case you don't want to expose some information about your employees to Back, you can omit any of the optional fields (not marked as bold) from the configuration. It might however lead to limited functionality in Back.
You can also find more details in Personio's documentation
Connecting to Personio
With the API configured now it's time to connect it to Back.
⚠️ Personio API only has one active set of credentials, so if there are other products using the API, either use the same credentials file for Back, or update the credentials.
- First, download the credentials file from Personio by selecting Neue Credentials generieren / Download. This will leave you with a text file called
- Next, go to Back, and switch to the Integrations screen by clicking on the company name in the top left corner and selecting Integrations
- Click on Connect in the row for Personio and upload the file you got in step 1
- If everything works fine, the status in the Personio row will change to Connected