Projects help you organize your work within Back and collaborate with your colleagues on specific topics.
By adding requests to a project you can easily keep track of everything that needs to be done and see what is the progress at a single page.
Creating a project
To get started simply create a new project from the Projects section. This is where you'll later also find all the projects associated to your teams and their status.
Each project has a name, one team responsible for it, and a status (open/closed).
On the top you can also see how many requests are added to the project and how many of those are already resolved.
Adding requests to a project
To add requests to a project you can create them from the project detail (if it's a new request) or you can add an existing request if it was already created.
Creating request for a project
- Open the project detail of the project you want to create the request for
- Click on the ➕ button in the top right corner
- Provide all information for the request (requester, team, title, and description). You can create request on behalf of any requester and assign in to any team in Back.
- Click on Create request to create the request and add it to the project
Adding existing request to a project
- Find the request you want to add to a project
- In request list: Use the ⋯ on the request card and select Set project
In request detail: Use the project button in the side panel
- Pick the project you want to add the request to
You can now find the request also in the project detail
Removing requests from a project
If you want to remove a request from a project, click on the Project button on the card/in the side panel and select Remove from project.
The request will no longer be counted as part of the project, however, it will remain in Back.
Who has access to a project?
- For projects in public teams, anyone can see the project detail.
- For projects in private teams, all team members of the team assigned to the project can see the project detail.
The project detail includes: project name, status, author, what requests are there.
💁 An expert can only access the request detail if they are a member of the team assigned to the request, or if the request is in a public team.
Who can add an existing request to a project?
Anyone with access to a project can add existing requests to it through the Set project action or the Project button in the side panel.